Judge Charles Kellogg (that name sound familiar?) built the original flour mill in 1823!! Since 1947, New Hope Mills has been run by the same family carrying on the tradition of providing quality products. Although New Hope Mills discontinued grinding flour in 1996, it continued production in the original building until moving the packaging and production to a larger facility in Auburn NY in 2004. In 2005, the mill was added to the New York State and National Register of Historical places.